Who qualifies for CMAP?
To be eligible:
- You must be a Louisiana resident over the age of 18.
- You must live within our service area.
- You must not be covered by Medicaid, Medicare, or private insurance that covers prescriptions.
- Your family's household income must be at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level to qualify.
- Patient eligibility is for up to one year. Patients must reapply each year for CMAP services.
- CMAP does not charge at this time for services so all medications are provided for FREE.
Do all members of the household’s income need to be included?
Yes, all income for a family must be included.
What are the income guidelines?
CMAP Income Guidelines -- 2016
If a CMAP client has a question about one of their medications, who do they call?
Patients are encouraged to call either the CMAP pharmacy at our toll free number 1-866-848-6225 or the doctor who prescribed the medication.
When should a client call the pharmacy to get their prescription refilled?
Patients can call the CMAP pharmacy to refill their prescription 10-14 days prior to their last pill at our toll free number 1-866-848-6225.
I have Medicare but no prescription coverage (Part D) can I still qualify for CMAP?
No, because prescription coverage is available through Medicare you would not qualify for CMAP.
I have prescription insurance but can’t afford my co-pay, can I qualify for CMAP?
No, unfortunately as long as you have any type of prescription coverage you are not eligible for assistance through CMAP.
I am 65 yrs old but I am not eligible for Medicare, can I qualify for CMAP?
Yes, if you are not eligible to receive Medicare benefits you may qualify for CMAP.